Always a favourite and with so many ways you can incorporate them, animal prints are foreshadowed to be big for this coming fall. There has been much talk about how often we’ll be seeing these prints with a variety of labels and designers. So if you have cheetah spots or zebra stripes in your closet already, be sure to place them within visible reach. If your wardrobe could use a little animal inspiration, the shops of Brunswick Square can easily fill that void.
1. Zebra print dress: Pseudio
2. Dresses & skirts with assorted prints: Pseudio
3. Dress with tiger-like stripes: Je Suis Prest Boutique
Whether it’s represented on a top, dress, or accessory, an animal print can add a little expression and emphasis to an outfit. A clothing item such as a dress or top adds more visual impact and boldness to an outfit, while animal print incorporated into an accessory such as a shoe or jewellery add a subtle little pop to an otherwise more classic ensemble.
1. Zebra print tunic (Michael Kors): Colwell’s (Ladies)
2. Snake-skin print top (Michael Kors) Colwell’s (Ladies)
3. Sequin tiger stripe tank (Michael Kors) Colwell’s (Ladies)
4. Snake-skin print belted dress (Michael Kors): Colwell’s (Ladies)
Coordinating an animal print into your look requires only incorporating one larger item with animal print into an outfit (i.e. dress, top, sweater) or up to two smaller, subtle pieces (i.e. jewellery, clutch, shoes). Combining multiple garments or print types can be overwhelming and may clash: as they say, sometimes less is more.
1. Michael Kors snake-skin wallet: Colwell’s (Ladies)
2. Tiger stripe earrings: Baubles
3. Necklace with zebra-print pendants: Collectables
4. Leopard print pump (Michael Kors): Colwell’s (Ladies)
Adding a leopard print shoe or a snake-skin wallet are possible ways to incorporate animal prints into a more conservative wardrobe. For a bolder statement, choose a garment with a fun print and then ensure all the other garments and shoes are a solid colour so as not to clash.
Animal prints have long been a fun way of adding a little punch to an outfit and even right now, the shops of Brunswick Square offer a great selection of animal imitation to choose from.