One thing we can look forward to with fall approaching is luxury textiles. Summer months have us looking for light, breathable fabrics, but as the cooler weather approaches, a larger variety in the layers we choose become available.
Leather, which often doesn’t mix with summer heat, is a popular feature for fall and seems to add a feel of effortless cool to an ensemble. Whether you choose to sport it as faux or authentic, the key is choosing a garment that is smooth and rich as the real deal. Faux leather is an excellent way to stay on budget. This fall the shops on Brunswick Square are carrying everything from skirts to dresses to jackets with leather detailing.
1. Dress (Je Suis Prest Boutique) | 2. Blazer with leather trim (Je Suis Prest Boutique) |
3. Faux leather jacket (Je Suis Prest Boutique) | 4. Faux leather skirt (Je Suis Prest Boutique)
Animal prints are extremely popular for fall as is faux fur again. Layering is not only a way to complete an outfit but also a must to stay warm in the foggy port city. A faux fur or shearling vest is a way to stay warm and put off pulling out those thicker coats once the fall breeze settles in. For a lighter touch, choose a garment that is either has fur trim or lining.
1. Coat with faux fur trim (Je Suis Prest Boutique) | 2. Striped faux fur vest (Je Suis Prest Boutique) | 3.Faux animal hair vest (Je Suis Prest Boutique)
Another way to add a little visual appeal to an otherwise basic garment are studs or sequins. Instant glam is what you have when you add shiny accents sewn on or woven into an item.
1. Top (Je Suis Prest Boutique) | 2. Guess Jeans (Pseudio) |
3. Top (Collectables) | 4. Dress (Je Suis Prest Boutique)
Lace brings a lighter, feminine touch to the darker colours and heavier fabrics of fall. Less layering is required for the next month or so but with cooler temperatures, you can add sweaters, long sleeves, or vests to make your lace items seasonally appropriate.
1. Lace top (Pseudio) | 2. Lace tops (Je Suis Prest Boutique) | 3. Lace cardigan (Collectables)
All these sought-after textures are currently in-store in many of Brunswick Square’s shops, ready for your fall wardrobe!